THE BUILDING ROOMS ARRANGEMENTS CONTACT tilbage til forside
The Reception
The Exchange Hall
The Library
The Aisle
The Empire room
Room 13
The Tietgen Hall
The Committee Hall
The Chairman's Office
 
In 1942, in connection with the 200 year's anniversary of the Merchants' Guild's foundation the architect, professor Kai Gottlob designed the Committee Hall and the Aisle.

The walls, the ceiling and the furniture are made of mable, whereas the floor is made of teak. The combination of the different sorts of wood gives the room a very special look. Originally there was a horseshoe shaped table which was attached to the floor, and could therefore only be used for committee meetings. As the need for assembly rooms gradually accured, the table was removed and furniture made by the architect Finn Juhl made the assembly more usable.

The gallery of chairmen
At the Chamber it is traditional to get the retiring chairman painted by a famous artist. This tradition goes back to 1842 and among the paintings of former chairmen of the Merchants' Guild, you notice C.F. Tietgen (copy made by Kai Lange according to the original by professor Jensen) and Moritz G. Melchior (painted by Bertha Wegmann). The last mentioned was Maecenas for Hans Christian Andersen and she used to pay his travel expenses for Italy and England.
Designed: 1942
Arkitekt: professor Kai Gottlob
Portraits of former chairmen of the Chamber of Commerce (formerly the Merchants' Guild) are placed in the Committee Hall according to the tradition
The Committee Hall for rent
forward backwards